Valiant Integrated Services, LLC, is committed to taking reasonable steps to protect your privacy. This Privacy Statement applies to your interaction with the Valiant Website located at https:/ www.valiantintegrated.com (our “Website”) and Valiant’s LinkedIn account (“our Official Social Media Account”). This Privacy Statement does not apply to the Website and practices of third parties to which certain Valiant Websites may link.
For purposes of this Privacy Statement, “personal information” means information from or about you that identifies you directly and information that is associated with you and thus could potentially identify you, including when combined with other information from or about you.
Valiant is a U.S. based government contractor with international offices and international customers, suppliers and vendors. Its business activities are related to the provision of services and/or supplies not the marketing of personal data. As a result, personal information that we collect or receive from persons associated with our business may be transferred in accordance with applicable laws and regulations to our U.S. offices to permit us to comply with our legal and contractual obligations, and to perform related business services. In addition, we may transfer such personal information to third-party service providers and business partners, in the U.S. and in other countries, to the extent necessary to support Valiant’s business activities or comply with applicable law. Thus, this personal information that we collect may be transferred to and stored on servers located in the U.S. and in countries different from the country in which that information was initially collected. Similarly, as allowed by applicable law, personal information may be accessed by Valiant and its third-party service providers and business partners from countries other than the ones in which the personal information is stored. Valiant is committed to working with you to obtain a fair and rapid resolution of any queries, complaints, or disputes about privacy. If you have any questions or comments about our Privacy Statement or our information collection and data protection practices, please contact Valiant’s Privacy Officer below.
INFORMATION THAT WE COLLECT FROM AND ABOUT YOU / HOW WE COLLECT IT
The categories of data that Valiant collects, subject to applicable law, is below;
- Personal details: such as name(s), government issued identification, nationality, photograph, references or other information you voluntarily submit to Valiant;
- Contact details: such as address, telephone number, fax number, email address, and public social media proﬁle details;
- Employment details: such as employment information, employment history, education history, curriculum vitae (CV), information related to required clearance(s), and personal information submitted by applicants or contractors;
- Financial details: such as credit reference, tax identification number, and details related to financial transactions between you and Valiant;
- Views and opinions: such as any views and opinions that you choose to send to us or publish about us on social media platforms;
- IP and Technical Data: such as IP address cookies, logs, online identiﬁers, device IDs, and geolocation.
HOW WE COLLECT IT
Valiant may obtain the information listed above directly from and about you in a number of ways, such as:
Through your conversations with someone from the company;
- Standard interactions with potential, current or past employees, potential, current or past vendors or related to other mutual business purposes
- Through your use of and access to electronic or other communication with Valiant;
- Through your interactions with us on our Official Social Media Accounts;
- Through other sources as listed below; and
- Through other public sources.
INFORMATION WE COLLECT FROM OTHER SOURCES
We may obtain information, including personal information, about you from third parties such as our partners, service providers, and other third parties. We also may combine it with other information we collect from you through our Website, Services, Official Social Media Accounts, and publicly available information in order to conduct our regular business activities and comply with legal and contractual requirements.
HOW WE USE INFORMATION THAT WE COLLECT FROM AND ABOUT YOU
We use information that we collect directly from or about you:
- To manage the business, provide customer support and respond to inquiries
- To provide information related to our business
- To customize and improve communication content
- To comply with legal and ethical requirements and our Valiant policies and procedures (such as our duties related to employees, consultants, vendors, internal audits, investigations, etc.)
- For Valiant accounting, recordkeeping, backup, and administrative purposes
- For Contract and Vendor Management
- For Business Development Activities
- For Risk Management
WHO DO WE SHARE PERSONAL INFORMATION WITH, AND WHY?
We may transfer information to third-party service providers and business partners to the extent necessary to help us comply with our legal and contractual obligations, or to perform related business services.
We may also disclose or share information collected from and about you (i) if you expressly request or authorize us to do so; (ii) if we are required to do so by law or regulation; (iii) in response to a request from law enforcement authorities or other government officials that we believe to be valid and legally enforceable; (iv) when we believe disclosure is necessary or appropriate to prevent financial loss, including to address disputes or claims and to respond to persons holding a legal or beneficial interest; (v) in connection with an investigation of suspected or actual fraud or illegal activity; (vi) when we believe that disclosure is necessary to protect our rights, property, or safety or to protect the rights, property or safety of our employees, you, or others; (vii) in connection with the sale, transfer or financing of all or part of a Valiant business or its assets, including any such activities associated with a bankruptcy proceeding; or as a result of emergencies or acts of God (described as an action outside our control; flood, riots, war, etc.).
HOW DO WE PROTECT PERSONAL INFORMATION?
We maintain physical, technical, and administrative safeguards to protect against unauthorized and accidental disclosure, use, alteration, or destruction of personal information in our possession, and to maintain the confidentiality, integrity, availability, and resilience of our systems, data, and services. We restrict access to personal information to those individuals and third parties that need to know the information to accomplish the business purposes described in this Privacy Statement. We are committed to taking appropriate measures to enforce compliance with this Privacy Statement.
We provide security controls to protect electronic information that we receive from you against foreseeable hazards, but please note that no data transmission over the Internet can be guaranteed to be 100% secure. Please contact us if you need a more secure method for transmitting personal information.
TRANSFERS OF PERSONAL INFORMATION FROM OTHER COUNTRIES
We will comply with applicable law regarding collection and transfer of personal information from countries that have privacy or data security laws that are inconsistent with the practices described in this Privacy Statement.
INFORMATION THAT WE COLLECT THROUGH COOKIES AND TECHNOLOGY
When you visit our Website or open an e-mail or newsletter that we send you, we may collect information about your usage and device by automated means or by using technologies such as cookies, web server logs, and web beacons. As set forth in more detail below, we may also collect information about your usage and browsing habits using various web-based technologies, including but not limited to:
- Web server logs: In conjunction with obtaining information through cookies, our web servers may log details regarding your device, operating system, or information about your use of our Website.
- Web beacons & pixels: To control which web servers collect information described above, we may place tags on our Website or in emails called “web beacons” or “pixels.” These are computer instructions that link web pages to particular web servers and their cookies. Web beacons and pixels can be used to track the pages you view, links that you click, or other online behavior. These tools may also be used to measure the effectiveness of our e-mail campaigns by identifying the individuals who open or act upon an e-mail message, when an e- mail message is opened, how many times an e-mail message is forwarded, the type of software, device, operating system and browser used to deliver the email, and any URL accessed through our email message.
- Other: We may use other technology to collect information for the purposes described in this Privacy Statement.
We may work with third-party advertising companies that use tracking technologies to serve our advertisements across the Internet. These companies may collect anonymous information about your visits to our Website and other Websites, and your interaction with our advertising and other communications.
Alternatively, you can prevent Google’s collection and use of data by downloading and installing the browser plugin available at:
http://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout?hl=en (https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout?hl=en) and/or opt out by visiting the Network Advertising Initiative opt-out page: http://www.networkadvertising.org/choices/ (https://www.networkadvertising.org/choices/).
(https://www.google.com/policies/privacy/), https://www.google.com/analytics/terms/us.html (https://www.google.com/analytics/terms/us.html) , and http://www.google.com/analytics/learn/index.html (https://www.google.com/analytics/learn/index.html).
If you contact us via telephone, e-mail, fax, postal or courier service, our Official Social Media Accounts, or in any other way, we may retain the correspondence and the information it contains. This information may be used to respond to your inquiry or for other business purposes.
INTERACTION WITH YOUR SOCIAL MEDIA ACCOUNTS
Our Website, as well as the websites of some of our third-party service providers, may permit you to connect your activities on our Website and our content with your social media accounts such as LinkedIn, including through the use of social media plugins (such as the LinkedIn “Share” button). The operator of a social media plugin may set cookies or other tracking technology on your browser to recognize its users when they visit our Website again. In addition, if you are logged into one of your social media accounts while you are browsing on our Website, the social media plugins may allow the social media website to receive information about your visit – including the pages that you viewed – and to connect information about your visit to our Website with other personal information regarding your social media account.
When you use social media plugins to connect to your social media account, we may receive certain information that you post on that service in accordance with the Privacy Statement of that service and the privacy settings that are applicable to your account. This allows us to share information about your activities on our Website with other users of their social media website. For example, LinkedIn social media plugins allow LinkedIn to show your Shares and comments on our Website to your LinkedIn network. Your use of social media plugins is subject to each social media website's Privacy Statement, so we encourage you to use care and thoughtfully read the Privacy Statement of each social media website that you use. We have no control over the information that social media websites or social media plugins collect, store, or use. Before connecting to our Website from a social media website or using a social media plugin on our Website, please be certain that you understand the social media website's Privacy Statement and how it may gather information about your use of our Website.
INFORMATION FOR EUROPEAN UNION RESIDENTS
If you are a European Union resident, you have rights regarding your information (which are subject to certain exemptions) listed below and which can be found in the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) (Regulation (EU) 2016/679). If you choose to exercise your rights under this regulation, please use the below link or via the contact information provided. If you have any questions related to the GDPR please contact the Privacy Office.
Subject to certain limitations and circumstances you may have the right to:
- Request access to your personal data that Valiant has;
- Request correction of the personal data that we hold about you;
- Request erasure of your personal data;
- Object to the use of your personal data;
- Request we restrict our use of your personal data;
- Request the transfer of your personal data to you or to a third party;
- Withdraw consent, if applicable;
- If applicable, to not be subject to a decision that significantly affects you if based on automated decision making;
- You also have a right to complain to your local supervisory authority.
INFORMATION FOR CALIFORNIA RESIDENTS
If you are a California resident, you have the right to request information from us regarding the manner in which Valiant shares certain categories of your personal information with third parties, for the third parties’ direct marketing purposes. California law provides that you have the right to submit a request, using the contact information shown below, and receive the following information:
The categories of information that we disclosed to third parties for the third parties’ direct marketing purposes during the preceding calendar year; and
The names and addresses of the third parties that received such information, or if the nature of their business cannot be determined from the name, then examples of the products or services marketed.
For your rights under the California Consumer Privacy Act please select the below link:
We do not knowingly collect information from anyone under 16 years of age, and our Website, Services, and Official Social Media Accounts are not directed at or intended for use by anyone under the age of 16. If we become aware that anyone under the age of 16 has provided us with personal information, we will take steps to delete such information. If you believe that we have collected information from anyone under the age of 16, please contact us at p[email protected] and we will endeavor to return or delete any such information.
THIRD PARTY LINKS OR LINKED WEBSITES
Occasionally we may provide links to other Websites for your convenience and information. These sites operate independently from Valiant and are not under our control. These sites may have their own privacy notices in place, which we strongly suggest you review if you visit any linked Website. We are not responsible for the content of these sites, any products or services that may be offered through these sites, or any other use of these sites.
CHANGES OR UPDATES TO THIS PRIVACY STATEMENT
As Valiant, its products, and its services change from time to time, this Privacy Statement is expected to change as well. We reserve the right to update or change the Privacy Statement at any time, for any reason, and will notify you of changes to this Privacy Statement by posting the amended Privacy Statement.
HOW WE MAY PROVIDE NOTICE TO YOU
To the extent additional notice is required by law or otherwise, Valiant may deliver a general notice on our Website or use email or other delivery methods if you have provided us with your contact information.
HOW YOU MAY CONTACT US
If you have any questions about this Privacy Statement, our information collection or our data protection practices, or if you wish to update or correct information provided to us, please contact us our Privacy Officer at the contact information below. We will respond promptly to your inquiries.
Mailing address: 205 Van Buren Street, Suite 310, Herndon, VA 20170 Telephone number: (833) 981-0844
E-mail address: [email protected]